Be strong and stay
strong
1 Kings 2 1-2 When
David’s time to die approached, he charged his son Solomon, saying, “I’m about
to go the way of all the earth, but you—be strong; show what you’re made of!”
When David died, Solomon became his heir and king
of Israel and Judah. He was instructed by David to stick to the ways God has
for him, to be strong in everything for sure it’ll be tough to lead people in
the way they should go.
Solomon, being young back then, saw what people
can do when they’re in power, in command, in force. At their words, a person or
a nation can either live or die. And by this, David knew in his heart that
Solomon will listen to him, that’s why he gave out final instructions to his
son, in accordance to God’s words.
It struck me that David commanded Solomon to BE
STRONG, to show everyone, what he is made of. That he is a son of a king after
God’s own heart, that he is chosen, blessed, called, appointed, anointed, favoured,
loved.
Most of the times, when I face difficulties and circumstances
that I cannot control, I forget what I am made of, who I am. When I focus on
things in front of me, fear makes me little and it cripples me to the point of
I cannot do things anymore, well, that’s fear. One thing I learned about fear
is that it tends to paralyzes you, making you incompetent, it blinds you, it
seizes you and it chokes you.
As David told Solomon to BE STRONG, I am reminded
to BE STRONG in all possible ways that I could – with God, because I cannot do
things on my own ability and strength and that He will always be the source of
my confidence and skills. I am always reminded to go and test the waters and
launch to the deep – the fear of the unknown and trust that no matter what I
will have to put through, Jesus will always be in the midst of everything and
anything.
Being strong and staying strong are two different
places. When you have chosen to be strong, you have made up your mind to stay
strong, unless you want to stay in a place where nothing grows, but your insecurities,
fears, selfishness.
Thank You, Father, that whatever I may face in
the future, I know that You are there always. Let me be strong and stay strong
in the way You want me to go. Put in my heart who I am – loved, wanted,
accepted, blessed, called, appointed, favoured – in You, all uncertainties will
always be worth it, because You authored everything in my life. Let me choose
being strong as Solomon did and stay in it all the days of my life, that
launching into the deep maybe scary at first, but with You reminding me, the
deeps will surely be breakthroughs after breakthroughs. Thank You, Jesus. In
Your name, I pray. Amen. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment